Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organization undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Eastern Europe and Asia.
Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for IDPs. Our programme has been focused particularly on shelter, NFIs, and winterization. New programming in 2015 also includes psychosocial support; cash transfer programming, livelihoods and WASH.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
Key tasks include:
- The safe transportation of Mission East staff.
- The safe transportation of Mission East materials
- The care and maintenance of the vehicles and their accessories.
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Minimum two years’ work as a professional driver.
- No road safety-related fines or convictions Through knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in routine vehicle maintenance and minor repair
- Good knowledge of the of Erbil governorate, as well as Ninawa-Mosul city-Kirkuk-Sinjar
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Able to carry out limited, un-supervised tasks
- Drivers must display an attitude and behavior that reflects well on both themselves and the Mission East
- Expected Deliverables
- Strict adherence to the Mission East’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks. Accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- maintaining the vehicle clean, fuelled and mechanically sound.
- Inspecting and maintaining all vehicle accessories.
- Advising the Transport manager of pending inspections, insurance renewal or any defects or problems.
- Legally registered SUV vehicle 7 seats above 2017.
- Minimum secondary school, preferably college degree.
- Valid driving license.
- Car should be registered in the driver’s name.
- Highly preferably previous experience with NGOs.
- Spoken Kurdish, Arabic and English will be an advantage.
- Preferably previous training in first aid, defensive driving courses.
Note: Mission East is providing the fuel for outside trips.